Saturday, February 13, 2010

She's got mail

Remember I entered the book swap over at Kateigh from poprocks, and now Marchelle have received my book. I send her a book with 14 fairy tales off a Danish author, Hans Christian Andersen. He lived from 1805-1875, so his fairy tales are quite old, but you can learn so much from them. As I grew up my parents read the fairy tales for me at bedtime, during high school we had to analyse the fairy tales, when I went to the USA as an Au Pair I brought over the fairy tales for the kids... somehow these fairy tales seem to follow me all through life, as they probably do for a lot of Danes. So when I was entering the book swap I first had a hard time deciding on a book, but it all came down to what book I could get in English which also had some meaning as to why I had chosen it. Looking around in several bookstores, and the suddenly it was so obvious, and I couldn't believe I hadn't thought about it before. Usually I don't read books like that, I'm more into biographies, John Grisham books, or well just books about things that actually could happen in real life, not stories about witches, dragons or talking dogs. I'm probably one of the last people in the world that haven't read Harry Potter or seen the movies, somehow that just ain't me, but one day I might try it...
The best thing with the book swap is that Marchelle thought that it was a perfectly chosen book, and she loves fairy tales, so how lucky can you be...

Hans Christian Andersen via 02varvara

2 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting for my bookswap book to arrive. I am anxiously watching the post! So far I don't think my partner has received hers either. I sent from Canada all the way to Egypt, so it could take a while!

    So glad your partner loved what you chose for her. What a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was perfectly chosen, and I too have grown up with them. (Probably the cause of my enduring love for them now...)

    Thanks ever so much again! It was such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)