Monday, February 8, 2010

What a great start...

This week is gonna be a good one, I can just feel it. And that is despite the fact I'm working all day Friday (my husbands birthday) and all day Saturday.

Starting a new job in a new department is the best I have done in a long time, going to work in the morning, without any hope of seeing the sun, and hearing on the radio that the snow is continuing for a while. But how can you not be happy seeing all the flowers at work? Especially this week we have a lot of hydrangeas (I don't know if that is the right name, it should be the Latin name), its the most beautiful colours. So I had to buy one. I think the hydrangea has been one of my favourite flowers since we went to the USA 3 years ago. While walking down Lombard Street (the crookedest street in the world) in San Francisco, there were tons of Hydrangeas, which just made my happy to look at. Especially after having been in bed for 24 hours due to food poisoning.

Well just to top the day off, when I got home we had received a wedding invitation from a friend off mine from my time as an Au pair in the DC area. She is from Finland, but moved to Vancouver where she met her soul mate. They are getting married in November in Punta Cana, The Dominican Republic, and I'm super excited, so guess what I have been doing since I got home... I've been surfing the web looking for cheap flights to Punta Cana...
My new hydrangea and our wedding invitation

A picture from Lombard Street, San Francisco

1 comment:

  1. Flowers do make everything brighter and happier don't they?! Your hydrangea's are beautiful! I wish I were better at keeping them alive, or I would have some too. ;) Good luck finding plane tickets! What a beautiful place to be during cold November!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)