Thursday, April 22, 2010

The weekend is getting closer

I can't wait till I'm off work tomorrow, don't get me wrong I love my job, but the weekend is very much needed!

I didn't get a hangover later on Sunday, which I still can't believe. I had so much energy and suggested we should go look for more flowers for the garden, but my husband pointed out the he bet I didn't care to plant them when I got home, to which I could only agree... I just wanted to do something fun and he suggested that I could mop the floor or pull weeds... where is the fun in that? So we decided to watch a movie, and about 30 minutes into the movies I was asleep on the couch!

But the afternoon nap on Sunday wasn't enough, so I went to sleep early on Sunday. But on Monday I was still tired, again I went to bed early and it isn't until today that I'm feeling back to my usual self... I guess I didn't get a hangover but I was tired for almost a week, but it was worth it.

On Tuesday me and 3 colleagues went across Denmark to see some of the other departments store in our chain (there are 14 across Denmark). We started out driving to Copenhagen, and then moved back. We went to 6 other stores, and I was exhausted when I got back and then working 13 hours yesterday. The trip gave us a lot of great ideas to what we could improve, but it also confirmed us in the things we were doing right. It also made me think about how lucky I am living in such a small country, where you can easily drive from one side of the country to the other in the matter of a few hours... so why is it that I hardly ever go to Copenhagen?

This weekend I will be relaxing... well on Saturday I'm going to my brothers fiances birthday, its her birthday today and we have been invited for lunch on Saturday, though my husband won't be able to make it since he sign up for photographing course. On Saturday night we have been invited for dinner at my husbands sisters place, since she has a new kitchen and would like to cook for us. But Sunday I will be relaxing, and depending on the weather I might be doing a bit of gardening.

The birthday girl, Mette, at our "survivor party" last year. Happy birthday Mette!

What are you up to this weekend? Hope you will have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments makes me smile:)