Thursday, May 6, 2010

The BBQ season has started...

I had a really good laugh yesterday when reading Linny's vault her post Actions Not Words... Ok Sometimes Words Too was hilarious, and in so many ways true. Then today I receive an e-mail that made me think about her post again, so inspired be her, here we go.

BBQ Rules:

As we are entering the BBQ season its time to refresh the rules and etiquette of the great outdoor cooking activity. When a man volunteers to BBQ the following events starts happening.

1. The woman goes grocery shopping... as usual.

2. The woman prepares a salad and makes dessert.

3. The woman prepares and marinates the meat, places it on a tray with the necessary kitchen utensils, and carry them to the man, who is standing next to the BBQ with a beer in the hand.

4. The woman stays the mandatory 10 feet away from the BBQ, where there is an abundance of testosterone and male activity happening without any interfering of women.

And here comes the important part...

5. The man places the meat on the BBQ

6. The woman goes inside to organise plates and utensils.

7. The woman comes out to tell the man the meat looks delicious. He thanks her and asks her to grab him another beer, while he flips the meat.

Yet another important part...

8. The man takes the meat of the BBQ and gives it to the woman.

9. The woman makes sure everything from napkins, salad and plates are on the table.

10. After dinner the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most importantly...

11. Everyone gives the man a lot of credit for his great cooking effort.

12. The man asks the woman if she enjoyed "her night off", and when he sees her irritated reaction he comes to the conclusion that it is impossible to make a woman happy!


That story, I bet, is true in so many households... well maybe not, but sometimes it's true here, with just a small change... my husband usually clears the table and does the dishes...

I hope to have put a smile on your faces on just another Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm sure that happens all the time! I know it is true for my in laws. Luckily Nick doesn't take after his dad in that aspect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this before too. Very funny!

    I love BBQ season. Yum... Can't wait for hot summer evenings, sitting outdoors with a cold drink and a burger and some corn-on-the-cob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute! Too bad I have to do the grilling in my house too - neither my husband nor my sister's husband know how to grill. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)