Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's a sad day...

I started out so good, the sun shining, got a lat birthday present, things just seemed to go my way!
Then my mum called after I got home from work, and I could hear straight away something was wrong... my uncle (my mums brother) had died this morning.

My uncle giving a speech at our wedding.

He had got pneumonia last week, which wasn't any big deal, but the pills he got didn't seem to work, so this morning my aunt wanted to call the doctor again. My uncle went to the bathroom and my aunt wanted to make the bed before calling the doctor. While she was in the bedroom she heard him fall, and he was dead right away. They believe is was a thrombosis, but he is going through autopsy.

One of my favourite photos from our wedding. It's tradition that if the groom leaves the room all the men comes to kiss the bride and vice versa. When my uncle came I thought it was one of my other uncles who had a tendency to pull my veil, that's why I'm making the scary face.


I can't believe it, he wasn't sick! And now he is gone! I don't think it dawned on me yet, last time I got a call that someone I really cared about had died, it didn't become real to me before I was at the funeral and I burst into tears.

Sorry for the sad post, hope your day was better than mine.

5 comments:

  1. oh honey, i'm so sorry! that's so sad! be extra kind to yourself right now. my thoughts will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry for your loss connie. how blessed that you have such amazing memories of your uncle on your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *HUGE HUG*

    I'm so so so sorry for your loss, Connie! I can't believe it was so sudden.

    My thoughts are with you and your family today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I'm so sorry about your uncle. Especially where it was so sudden, that's so sad.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)