Saturday, June 26, 2010

What a week!

First I want to thank you all for your kind comments, it always helps to know that someone is thinking about you:)


On Wednesday was also midsummer day here in Denmark, and all over the country they set up big bonfires and burn a witch. I hadn't been to one of those since I was a kid, and we had decided to go this year. I must admit after my uncle passing away I wasn't much in the mood for it. But then again I thought it would be good to get out of the house for little while. But being a bit beside myself I of course forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures of it, so you have to do with one found online.

via

On Thursday I talked to my boss, because I had to get time of for the funeral on Tuesday. I think I mentioned it before, but I will gladly do it again, I have the best boss ever! I realised we hardly were anyone on work on Tuesday due to the holiday season starting. So I told him I could come in in the morning, but he told me to take the whole day off and not worry about it, they would manage!

On Thursday night Denmark were playing their 3rd game in the World Cup. They played Japan and had to win in order to stay. But they didn't win, they lost 2-1, and play horrible! On the day Japan definitely deserved to win, so congrats to Japan for moving on!

Well tonight we are having some friends over for a BBQ, which I'm really looking forward to but the weather could be a bit warmer. Earlier this week they promised lots of sun over the weekend, and we planned a BBQ, so I guess we will be eating inside tonight. But hopefully tomorrow will be sunny, because then I want to find my sun-bed and relax with a book in the sun!

Enjoy your weekend.

3 comments:

  1. how wonderful that your heart was able to find beautiful moments this week despite the loss you are also going through. wishing you another wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss! Definitely thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie - I hope you're doing ok. Such sudden deaths are so hard but my heart is with you. Glad that you have such a great boss - it makes things so much easier. I hope that your BBQ ended up good - time with friends is always special. Take care and know I'm thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)