Thursday, August 26, 2010

The joys of pregnancy...

Okay I should definitely not complain, I'm fortunately not one of those women who has to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes. I have only experienced a few differences since getting pregnant, one is that I'm more tired than usual, and I guess soon I will have to give in and start taking an afternoon nap... the thing is I have never been a heavy sleeper, and I'm afraid if I sleep during the day, I won't be able to sleep during the night. As I said I don't get nausea, only if I don't get my meals fairly regularly, which meant on vacation I couldn't wait till 15.00 before having lunch:) But I did lie about not running to the bathroom every ten minutes, well not every ten minutes, but I do have to pee a lot, like 3 times last night... The third thing is I have started to get teenage skin again, NOT so much fun.
But let's face it, if these are the only things that are going to change, when I will be fine. Okay I might soon have to go shopping though, but honestly isn't it a little early buying pregnancy clothes? I don't look pregnant yet, just a little chubby, I can no longer suck in my stomach to look thin! But a plus is that my breast have gotten bigger... I know they won't stay that way, but I will enjoy them as long as I got them, even if it means that I also have to invest in a few new bras.
I know I have always said I don't want children, but I honestly didn't think people would believe me, besides that was our standard answer, because we were tired of getting asked when we would reproduce... But I guess some people did believe it, because when we told my parents my mums first reaction was to say "but you guys didn't want children" so we had to calm her down, and tell this was a happy thing and all planned. My father reacted as we expected... he started to cry:)
My husbands Godson who is 7 was also really excited about it, and he is hoping it's a boy. He also gave us a bit of advice "Connie, when the baby comes you have to remember that you and Frank are in charge!" How cute was that? Though Frank had to ask him who was in charge of him, and when he answered his parents, he asked if he always did was his parents asked him to... to which he didn't really answer:) Later he asked his mum what he would be to the baby, when it was his Godfathers child, and his mum told him that it was "just" his Godfathers child. But hey if it will make his day I would love to call him a cousin. Let's face it our baby don't seem to get any cousins anytime soon with my brother and fiance breaking up, and both Franks sister and brother being single...
I don't hope I bored you, but these are the things that takes a lot of my time at the moment, but can you blame me?

7 comments:

  1. HOLD THE PHONE.
    You are pregnant!? Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you, lady!

    Best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy although it sounds like you are well on your way already. Maybe some of your no morning sickness vibes will rub off on me when I get to that next step in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's to complain about having big boobs?! And your husband's godson sounds adorable!

    When your baby is much older, do you think will you let it go off to random parts of Europe to live and sleep in a corridor in a house full of unusual people?!?

    I think if my mum had known what I would get up to in Slovenia she would never have let me go!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, you already sound like a mom, gushing about the whole child-producing experience! it always freaks me out to think about being pregnant. i don't really want kids ever, but i'm only 29 so i know i have plenty of time to change my mind. the whole process of a little person growing inside another person is pretty fascinating to me though! life is pretty crazy huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy to hear that you're pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pregnancy!! I can't wait to hear all about it - I've gone through two pregnancies with my sis and numerous ones with my friends and everyone has such a different experience. I hope it continues to go smoothly and I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! :-)
    Embrace the afternoon nap - I love it!! Hope you continue to feel well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I am so happy for you, Connie - and I for one LOVE pregnancy posts! I am glad you are feeling fantastic and so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)