Sunday, November 14, 2010

The weekend is coming to an end...

But vacation time is coming closer:) So today I have been doing laundry, so I should soon be ready to go to The Dominican Republic. Though I just realised that we have to get up freaking early on Friday, well I have known that since we ordered the tickets, but I haven't realised it until now! We are flying out at 5.45 am and have to check in an hour ahead of time (at first I thought it would be 2 hours before, but thankfully 1 hour is enough), and the drive to the airport takes about 45 minutes, so we have to head out the door at 4.00 am the latest. I guess I'm heading to bed early on Thursday!


I also got around to writing the Christmas card to my ornament swap partner, but I didn't get around to go to the post office yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to leave work in time to reach the post office before closing on Tuesday.


Last night we had a Christmas party with work, which was really nice. Though a few of the girls had done all the cooking, and I went early to help getting everything ready, and some people just have a lack of manners! When the time came to get the dishes done people just stayed seated... so we got a bit pissed, and some of the young boys came to help. But this one girl really pissed me off, she said she did enough dishes at home, and we could just leave them, it was our own fault we had volunteered to arrange everything! How could she be like that? Would it hurt her to help out with the dishes for 2o minutes or so? And how would she feel if she was hosting the party (which our boss was) and you would wake up to a whole lot of mess including the dishes? That is just the least you can do I think, but I guess some people are raised differently.


Yesterday we got to move a closet into our office, I had bought a really cheap one at work, but it had been in the garage the last week, because it was too heavy for me to lift. So yesterday a friend of ours came by to help. It turned out it was a bit too big to get into the room assembled, so we had to take it apart and move it and put it back together again... so it took a bit longer than expected, but so nice to finally have some extra storage. So we are getting closer to get the baby's room cleared, somehow that room has just been used for extra storage, but no longer.


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Your vacation sounds heavenly! I cannot wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your vacation is almost here!!! early morning flights are really rough, but i'm always glad to get to my destination as soon as possible. hope your week isn't too stressful getting ready for your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)