Saturday, June 18, 2011

In the navy...

yes, you can sail the seven seas, in the navy.... okay enough of the Village People, but that song is just stuck in my mind right now, and knowing the lyrics to it have kept me from changing any diapers today...


We were at some friends house last night, and after having talked a while someone said something about the navy, and I started singing... next thing my husband and I were discussing the lyrics... he said "no way, they aren't singing you can sail the seven seas" and I was sure that was the lyrics, so the next thing we were making a bet. Our friend asked what are you betting? meanwhile she was turning on her laptop to google the answer. We are really lousy coming up with things to bet about, last time I won a bet I got the last chocolate milk in the fridge... well she suggested the loser would change all the diapers today, and that seemed pretty fair to both of us.


So if you know the Village People, well then you know I haven't been changing diapers today... and why did I know the lyrics for that song? Well... back in 1998/1999 when I was an Au Pair in Maryland I went to a dance at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. Every year all the Au Pairs in Maryland is invited to a dance at the Naval Academy. And guess what Viivi, Camilla and I listened to in the car on the way to the Naval Academy.... yep you guessed it, the Village People:)


Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. ha, that's hilarious! i love making bets with my husband when we get into an argument. i have won many delicious home-made desserts from my hubby because, you know, i'm right almost all the time. ;) i'm glad you didn't have to change any diapers today. what a great bet to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Great story, my dear! I hope you and your adorable little son are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny! What did your husband think they were singing??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love this! I love making bets...and I love winning them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)