Thursday, October 27, 2011

Language misunderstandings...

Okay I just started using Google Chrome and on the top it suggested to translate the pages to Danish for me... let's just say I had a good laugh:) Google translate isn't always right, but it for sure is fun... well is not like the meaning is wrong, but the grammar, oh a little accent and I would sound like our Queens husband (he is French and have never learned to speak proper Danish).

The language is a funny thing... just a few hours ago we were watching a TV show (Grand Designs) well this couple were trying something that had never been done... so they were guinea pigs, which in Danish is the furry little animal, though with the meaning of this guinea pig we would say a test rabbit:)

Language can be a hard thing, cause a lot of misunderstandings, but for sure also make you laugh:)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I have the most hilarious time reading my friend's blog, she blogs in German, which I don't know, so I depend on Google Translate! Most times I look at the pictures and make comments that I hope make sense in terms of what she actually wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I am always amazed at how everyone else speaks/blogs in English, but so many people here in the States don't know any other languages!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)