Sunday, March 11, 2012

New routines....

I have now been back to work for little over a week, and I think it's safe to say that I don't hope this will be our new routine....

I started work last Friday, and I really like being back. When I got home my parents had arrived since we were celebrating Jonas' first birthday on Saturday, but on Friday night Jonas didn't want to sleep because he was coughing. We ended up having him sleep with us, but around 3.00 am we ended up calling the doctor. So we got up and drove to the doctor, and it turned out Jonas had croup, but it wasn't so bad that he would medicate him, he just recommended a lot of fresh air. So on Saturday we were exhausted, Jonas was sick and we were celebrating his first birthday! I'm just so happy my parents were here, otherwise I doubt we would have got any food on the table, because none of us had energy and we weren't thinking clearly! This wasn't exactly how we planned Jonas' first birthday, but hopefully the rest of them will be fantastic:)

On Monday he still wasn't feeling too good, so Frank's mum came and stayed with him, so none of us had to stay home. Tuesday he was back in daycare, and on Wednesday he had to go to another daycare, but since Frank wasn't feeling too well so he picked up Jonas early. When he picked him up he was grabbing his ears all the time, so after I got home we ended up taking him to the doctor again, and it turned out he had otitis. We got some medicine for him, and if he didn't have a fever he would be able to go to daycare the next day. On Thursday morning he didn't have a fever, but he was a bit coddled , so we ended up calling Frank's mum again. Then on Friday my mum were here to babysit, though he was feeling better, but we just wanted to be healthy before going into daycare again.

I was working again yesterday, so when I got home my feet were killing me after working from 7.30 am to 9.00 pm on Friday and 7.30 am to 6.00 pm on Saturday, luckily today I am able to relax, but tomorrow I will be working from 7.30 am to 9.00 pm again, but on Tuesday I will have the day off, and Jonas and I are just going to have a fun and relaxing day together.

I don't hope this will be our new routines, and hopefully Jonas will stay healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember my first week back. It was such chaos. I do hope Jonas is feeling better. And good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy, it's never any fun being sick. Sorry that the party didnt go as you'd planned but like you said, at least you had some help :)

    Hope your routine stays pretty smooth.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments makes me smile:)