Sunday, December 23, 2012

Playful food

I guess I could have called this a "Cooking with Connie" post too, and then again not really. This Christmas Jonas is getting a play kitchen, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hit, why you ask? Well because it has been standing in our guest room for the last 2 months now, and every time he gets a chance to get in there he is playing with it. I had the best laugh one morning when I walked in on him playing with his Christmas gift, not only was he pretending to cook, but he had got into the cat food, so in one of the pots there were cat food, and he was stirring away:)
 
I figured he needed some play food instead of cat food so I looked for recipe for crocheted play food, and found this great website. So far I have made an egg, some fried eggs, and a burnt donut... burnt because I only had dark brown yarn, but I doubt that it will bother him all that much. The recipe actually calls for coloured pearls as sprinkles, but since I don't have any pearls and I'm pretty sure Jonas will eat them if them fall of, instead I have sown on sprinkles with coloured yarn. 

I'm looking forward to cooking up some more for his kitchen:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments makes me smile:)