Wednesday, January 15, 2014

DIY projects

So I have this week off from work, and is being spent with a mix of chores and relaxing DIY projects, well mostly fun, of the chores I so far have only emptied the dishwasher and folded some laundry Frank did over the weekend, but maybe I will get around to doing more chores, or maybe not.


On Monday I painted the kitchen, nothing fancy, just another coat of white, but it was needed, we had Jonas' wall art that needed to be covered, and we had some holes in the wall from moving things around. Jonas was in daycare, and it actually went pretty fast getting the paint job done. Yesterday Jonas was home and we relaxed, made salt dough, which I guess he can paint tomorrow, because I send him to daycare again today, because I have a few projects in the making.


Here are a few of the things I'm working on.

For Christmas I got a sewing machine, nothing fancy just a cheap one from IKEA, but nonetheless a sewing machine. But so far I haven't even unwrapped it, but today is going to be the day. This morning after grocery shopping I went to buy fabric, and I will try to make a pair of pants for Jonas. Depending on how it goes you may or may not see the result on here:)
 Then I saw people online making this broomstick stitch lace scarfs, and I had to give it a try. There is the best tutorial on YouTube. I watched it once, pausing along the way to I could catch up, and that was all I needed, super easy.
Here is the YouTube video if anyone should be interested.
The last if my eternity project, I'm doing all these little patches which eventually should become a very colourful blanket. Though that is a project that I will make a few and then leave for while to make something else.
So that is what some of my week off will be spent doing. Maybe I should get the some chores done as well, but then again there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments makes me smile:)